Looks AND personality?! A double threat guy! :)
Don’t let that boyish smirk fool you – Ty just crushed that WOD, into CRUMBles. Ba-da-bump, tssss.
It’s with absolutely no doubt that Ty has earned the October CFE Member Highlight. Ty was chosen for this recognition because he just flat out exemplifies machismo. He trains with consistency and always has a positive attitude. His success makes him want more; his failure makes him want to work harder. He’s a coach’s dream; taking cues and wanting to learn, and he helps others when they are struggling and he’s right there to celebrate with others as they celebrate their victories and hit some goals. Members and Coaches alike sing his praises and we’re incredibly honored to have Ty as part of our CFE Family.
Oh – and as if the chiseled chin and steel-blue eyes weren’t enough to make you blush, this military veteran is also a computer geek and cat lover. Mic Drop!? Read below to get to know our very own CFE “Crumb-brulee”. Congrats, Ty!!!
1. Tell us about yourself:
“I’m just a dude, dude. I work with computers and do things with parachutes. I’m a veteran. I feel lucky to be part of the AWESOME community at CFE.”
2. How long have you been with us at CFE? Do you remember your first workout?
“I’ve been with CFE since Memorial Day 2016, I couldn’t picture working out anywhere else, or with a better group than CFE. Period. My first workout was Murph. Yup, Murph!!
3. What is your favorite movement/lift? Least favorite?
“It’s hard to pick ONE favorite really, but, I have a shirt that says “Snatches are my favorite, so um… snatches!? Least favorite is also tough; everyone is better at one thing or another, but building up something that isn’t as great as another is something that everyone here is also doing. Currently, I guess I might pick double-unders because they are temper-tantrum inducing!”
4. If you could design the perfect workout and name it after yourself what would it be?
“Crumb-cake: AMRAP for 20 minutes: 5 Hand-Stand Push-Ups, 4 Wall-Balls, 3 Bar-Facing Burpees, 2 Snatches, 1 minute max calorie Assault Bike..”
5. You’re the newest addition to the crayon box – what color would you be and why?
“Black and Blue Favorite colors…soooo.”
6. If you could pick the perfect song to listen to during the best workout of your life what would it be?
“Again, hard to pick ONE… maybe Cinderella Man – Eminem, Truffle Butter – Drake/Lil’ Wayne, Cheap Thrills – Sia/Sean Paul.
7. What’s your favorite flavor Jolly Rancher and why?
“Cherry – just like Starbursts, they’re the best!”
8. What was the last thing you “googled” or searched for on the internet?
“Wedding Crashers painting scene. Lol”
9. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would it be and why?
“Siberian Tiger. Meow!”
10. Any advice for those looking to get started with Crossfit?
“Fall in love with the process. Become comfortable with being uncomfortable. Be an eternal student, you can learn something from everyone. Feel the fear, but do it anyway. Leave the word - CAN’T – behind!”